The clear correct braces are one of the least invasive cosmetic treatments in fixing your crooked teeth. Whether it’s for confidence in the boardroom or a picture-perfect smile, clear correct Sydney can undoubtedly help. In this blog let’s see about under-bite and its treatment procedure with the clear correct braces.
What Is An Under-Bite?
In under-bite, the lower jaw protrudes forward from the upper jaw. This makes the chin and lower teeth look more prominent, and in severe cases the person’s speech and the shape of the face will be affected or distorted. This disorder is also known as mandibular prognathism.
Also, such alignment of your bite influences your overall health, with certain conditions causing pain and additional wear and tear on the tooth enamel. Under-bite develops a negative impact on your self-esteem.
What Are The Reasons For An Under-Bite?
The following are the reasons for an under-bite,
- Genetic disorders like Crouzon syndrome, or Basal Cell Nevus syndrome develops projecting lower jaw.
- Poor chewing habit.
- Thumb-sucking habit during childhood.
- Mouth breathing.
- Thrusting the tongue against the teeth.
- Giving a pacifier for the child too long.
Treatments for an Under-Bite
Based on the severity and degree of the alignment, an under-bite treatment that can be either surgical or non-surgical is recommended by your orthodontist. If the procedure has been started at the young age of the patient, the jaw gets correctly and efficiently aligned, as the jaw will be still in the growing and forming phase and is more easily manipulated into proper alignment. Even in the adult stage, various orthodontics treatments are possible and available. The following are the therapies for the under-bite,
- Upper Jaw Expander – This is a device that helps to widen your upper jaw such that the lower jaw no more closes outside of the upper jaw.
- Reverse-Pull Face Mask – This mask is wrapped around your head and is attached to metal bands on the back upper teeth to pull the upper jaw forward.
- Chin Cap – This prevents the growth of your lower jaw.
The Best Cosmetic Treatment for an Under-Bite
To avoid complicated procedures for an under-bite, your orthodontist suggests clear correct Sydney braces that are renowned for being both comfortable and productive as they don’t interfere in your daily routine. They shift your teeth to provide proper alignment. Clear correct treatment involves 3D digital technology to fabricate a series of aligners to help straighten your teeth and correct your overbite. The clear correct braces are invisible to the naked eyes and are the best solution for the people who don’t want to compromise their beautiful facial features.
These days clear correct Sydney cost is affordable so don’t compromise with your under-bite condition.