- Materials: Braces are made from ceramic or metals depending on the choice you opt for. As we know, the metal brackets are glued the teeth and tied together using small rubber bands. But, in the case of invisible braces, they are made from Bisphenol A (BPA) free transparent plastic material. Invisible braces do not involve any wires, elastics or brackets as the traditional braces do.
- Cost of Braces: The average price of traditional braces ranges between $2,000 and $6,000 while the affordable invisible brace treatments are capped at a maximum of $4850.
- Regular Dental visits: When you have braces installed, you have to visit your dentist at-least once every month for follow up visits. The dentist will then check on the progress of the teeth and tighten the wires if need be. In case if you feel discomfort due to braces, then you need to visit the dentist to remove it, but, in the case of invisible braces, it is not necessary. While using invisible braces you need to visit your dentist only to change the aligner trays twice in a month.
- Maintenance: Braces are quite complex to maintain. Cleaning them is a very complex task and very few people manage to do it. The braces that are installed behind your teeth make it even harder to maintain them. Therefore you need regular dental visit for cleaning and monitoring. On the other hand, the invisible braces don’t need much hassle for one to keep them in good shape. You only need to rinse them in clean lukewarm water and you can use it.
- Convenience: You can’t remove the traditional braces whenever you want to eat or do something with your teeth. If needed, you have to visit your dentist to remove the brace. On the other hand, the invisible braces can be removed at the user’s convenience. Whenever you want to use your teeth for any purpose, just pluck them out and you are ready to go.
- Effectiveness: Both traditional braces and invisible braces are normally effective in complex issues like accidents, overcrowded teeth and completely misaligned teeth.
- Ideal for: Traditional braces and invisible braces are ideal for young children, adults and old age people with crooked, overcrowded or misaligned teeth.
Invisible brace is one of the best treatments to straighten your misaligned teeth. We have listed the differences between the traditional braces and invisible braces. Price is an important consideration during invisible brace treatment and the cost of invisible brace treatment may dependent on the complexity of your case and your course of treatment. Here are the 7 notable differences between the two braces which might perhaps help solve your doubts;